The 2019 Career Development Awards for Translational Research program is now closed. Awards will be announced in early Fall 2019.
LUNGevity’s Career Development Awards for Translational Research program was created to support future research leaders who will keep the field of lung cancer research vibrant with new ideas.
- Applicants must be within the first five years of their faculty appointment.
- The Career Development Awards are mentored awards; a mentoring plan is part of the required submission.
Projects that will be funded in 2019 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
Career Development Awards may be for a maximum of $300,000:
- $100,000 per year for 3 years
- Annual milestones must be met
Note: LUNGevity will grant only one Career Development Award per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from our Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
Complete instructions are included in the 2019 Career Development Award Request for Application. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
2018 Career Development Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by February 19, 2019, 11:59 pm EST|
|Full application invitations:||No earlier than March 22, 2019|
|Full application due (by invitation only):||May 3, 2019, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2019|
|Anticipated year-one funding:||November 2019|