NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE LOI HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 1.
LUNGevity’s Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Awards for Lung Cancer Translational Research program supports fellows interested in lung cancer research who belong to underrepresented minorities in STEM.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and be within the first or second year of fellowship and plan to pursue a career in lung cancer
- The award is a mentored award; a mentoring plan is part of the required submission
Projects that will be funded in 2021 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
The Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award may be for a maximum of $100,000:
- $50,000 per year for 2 years
- Annual milestones must be met
Note: LUNGevity will grant only one Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from our Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description of the award, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2021 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE LOI HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 1.
2021 Health Equity and Inclusiveness Research Fellow Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by March 1, 2021, 11:59 pm EST|
|Full application invitations:||No earlier than April 1, 2021|
|Full application due (by invitation only):||May 10, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2021|
|Anticipated year-one funding:||November 2021|