NOTE: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE LOI HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 1.
LUNGevity’s Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Lung Cancer Translational Research Award supports physician-scientists interested in conducting lung cancer clinical research and bridging health disparities by engaging underserved communities or underrepresented minorities.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and be within the first five years of their first faculty appointment and have completed a training fellowship
- The award is a mentored award; a mentoring plan is part of the required submission
The projects to be funded in 2021 are expected to have a direct impact on the early detection of lung cancer or on the outcomes of lung cancer, or to provide a clear conceptual or experimental foundation for the future development of methods for early detection and/or individualized treatment, including through targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
A Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award may be for a maximum of $200,000:
- $100,000 per year for 2 years
- Annual milestones must be met
Note: LUNGevity will grant only one Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award per institution.
LUNGevity uses a two-step application process:
- A letter of intent (LOI), with a brief overview of the proposed project and biographical information
- A full application with an extended narrative about the project, as well as supporting information and documentation. (Because there are a limited number of awards, only a subset of applicants is invited to submit a full application after the LOI review is completed.)
Reviewers are drawn from our Scientific Advisory Board and other lung cancer experts. Awardees have progress and financial reporting obligations during their award term.
A complete description of the award, terms and conditions, and instructions are included in the 2021 LUNGevity Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award RFA. All application materials must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE LOI HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 1, 2021.
2021 Health Equity and Inclusiveness Junior Investigator Research Award Timeline
|LOIs due:||by March 1, 2021, 11:59 pm EST|
|Full application invitations:||No earlier than April 1, 2021|
|Full application due (by invitation only):||May 10, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT|
|Award announcement:||Late summer 2021|
|Anticipated year-one funding:||November 2021|