LUNGevity's unique survivorship conferences are designed to inform, connect, and empower anyone who has been impacted by lung cancer.
"I have been given information and guidelines that will help me make decisions—a way to view my lung cancer. I may not be curable, but I certainly am treatable."
"Wow, an enormous room of fellow lung cancer survivors just like me. I am not alone in this journey. I now have a “family” beyond my at-home family."
"I was, for the first time, inspired to take control of my own care. This conference has provided me with the essential tools to be my own advocate."
LUNGevity’s unique International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference is the largest gathering of lung cancer survivors in the world. It brings together lung cancer patients in all stages of the disease and diagnosis with scientific experts, nutritionists, clinicians, healthcare providers, and fellow survivors to learn how to live well with lung cancer.
Registration for the conference is $75; limited financial assistance for travel expenses is available. All attendees have the opportunity to fundraise for LUNGevity through the Survivor Challenge and earn a free trip to the conference.
The conference is composed of three simultaneous summits:
- The HOPE Summit for patients
- The COPE Summit for caregivers
- The Survivorship Summit for advocates and survivors who are interested in more advanced topics
Regional HOPE Summits are 1-day local meetings held in different locations across the country. There is a registration fee of $20 per attendee, which includes all sessions, lunch/meals, materials, and a complimentary networking reception.
LUNGevity’s International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference
April 26 – 28, 2019
1221 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037
Registration opening soon!
See the sections below for tentative topics for the 2019 Conference (subject to change).
- Progress and Hope in Lung Cancer Research
- Ask the Experts
- Supportive Care Topics
- Managing Your Care and Your Medical Team
- Healthy for Life
- Survivor Stories
- Communicating with Caregivers
- Building your support and advocacy network
- Available Resources
- Transitioning to the caregiver role
- Asking family and friends for help
- Taking care of yourself
- Working with the health care team
- Finding emotional support
- Considering nutrition for your loved one
- Managing finances
- Managing your job while caregiving
- Parenting while caregiving
- Advanced Topics in Research
- Immunotherapy Combinations
- Small Cell
- Participating in Clinical Trials
- Dealing with Progression
- Dating with Cancer
- Cancer and Careers
- Financial Planning
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Advocacy opportunities
A limited number of travel grants will be available to patients/survivors who are first-time attendees and have a financial need. The travel grant application period will open in January 2019.
Anyone can fundraise all year to get to the conference through the Survivor Challenge. The Survivor Challenge opportunity will be opening soon! Learn more here.