LUNGevity's Regional HOPE Summits are unique one-day conferences held in different cities across the country. They educate, empower, and create a community of support for lung cancer survivors. At Regional HOPE Summits, LUNGevity serves as a bridge between patients, their families, and the medical and support communities.
These one-day conferences are specifically designed for lung cancer survivors at all stages of the disease and their families; caregivers and medical professionals wanting to learn more about lung cancer survivorship are also welcome. Regional HOPE Summits offer something for everyone navigating a lung cancer diagnosis: educational sessions, inspirational speakers, media opportunities, and the chance to make once-in-a-lifetime connections with people in your area who have had a lung cancer diagnosis.
The conferences are informative and interactive. Educational sessions include topics like:
- Medical and research advancements
- Lung cancer treatment options (including immunotherapy and targeted therapies)
- Issues surrounding lung cancer clinical trials
- Effective tools for communicating with healthcare teams
- The importance of maintaining healthy lifestyle habits
- The importance of taking care of emotional health
- Advocacy tools and opportunities
There is a registration fee of $20 per attendee, which includes all sessions, lunch/meals, materials, and a complimentary networking reception. Registration fee assistance is available for those with a financial need; email hope@LUNGevity.org for more information.