On May 13, 2020, we had the opportunity to speak with Monica Bryant, Esq., Chief Operating Officer of Triage Cancer, on the topic of patient concerns about going back to work post-COVID. Triage Cancer is a national nonprofit organization that provides education on the practical and legal issues that may impact individuals diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, through events, quick guides, and cancer resources. Also see Triage Cancer’s webinar addressing COVID-19 finance and employment questions.
These are the questions we asked:
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and Triage Cancer?
- Our lung cancer patients have compromised immune systems because of cancer treatment and many of them are concerned about returning to work- what kind of advice do you have for them?
- Are there any benefits for someone with a compromised immune system because of cancer treatment?
- If someone has/or may lose their health insurance through their employer, what options do they have?
- Are there other financial assistance resources available for people who are struggling financially right now?
- How can people learn more about your organization?